Fashion Fix 006: Growing, One Shirt At A Time
- How did the watch company Swatch changed the world? We here at Unravel don't give the watch much attention but is a major fixture of a masculine performing wardrobe. Bloomberg writer Joe Thompson is obsessed with watch history so we should probably have him* on the show to discuss.
- Fashion student Luis Quijano is growing his own clothing. Yes, I said growing. (Green Matters)
- Pearls are making a comeback, but what does that mean for other trends? Writer Bibby Sowray gives a brief view of the visual history of pearls and how the trend is catching on. (Telegraph UK)
- How well did The Cut do with their historical narrative of Androgynous style? We have opinions but we want you to tell us. (The Cut)
- We are always surprised when fashion analysis comes from local publications like the Seattle Times. Dickies have seen a resurgence in popularity. They have been able to take advantage of the rebranding of workwear brands into luxury brands. (Seattle Times)
- Joy will be taking a tour this week of Mod New York. The New York Times does a good job of priming museum goers for the exhibition. (New York Times)